Some of the most common ways to make a gift to Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation are to write a check, make a gift using a credit card, or donate online.
A gift of cash could be right for you if:
- You want the easiest way to donate to Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation.
- You want the largest possible income tax charitable deduction for your gift.
- You would like to make the gift to Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation that has the greatest immediate impact.
How it works
You make a gift of cash directly to Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation and you receive an immediate income tax charitable deduction.
How Your Gift Helps
Your gifts to Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation help continue to provide benevolent care to assist residents who have outlived their resources and the ability to pay for their care. It will provide Presbyterian SeniorCare Network with the resources to…
|provide quality care and living options||improve and renovate our communities||enhance our programs and services|
What is an outright gift of cash?
An outright gift of cash is when you transfer funds to Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation and get nothing of financial value in return. The most common way for donors to make an outright gift is to write a check payable to Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation at 1215 Hulton Road, Oakmont, PA 15139.
Gift provides immediate support
Unlike some other gift arrangements, your outright gift will provide resources that Presbyterian SeniorCare Network can put to immediate use. If you prefer to restrict our use of your gift in any way, please contact us so that we can be sure that we can carry out your wishes.
Maximum tax savings
You may deduct the full amount of your donation up to 60% of your adjusted gross income, providing tax savings if you itemize. You may carry forward all of your unused deduction for up to five additional years.
Ways to give cash
Most donors make an outright gift by writing a check payable to Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation and mailing it to us at 1215 Hulton Road, Oakmont, PA 15139. You may also make a cash gift using your credit card.
Tisha Cline would like to make an immediate $15,000 gift to Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation. Tisha could write a check for this amount and earn a charitable deduction equal to $15,000. Alternatively, Tisha could make a gift using her credit card by calling us on the phone, responding to a mailing, or by donating online through our website. Gifts of checks and gifts made via credit cards are considered cash gifts.
- Tisha may deduct up to 60% of her adjusted gross income for her gift of cash, providing tax savings if she itemizes.
- If Tisha itemizes deductions but cannot use the entire deduction in the year of gift, she may carry the balance forward for up to five additional years.
- Assuming Tisha itemizes deductions and can use her entire income tax charitable deduction of $15,000, she will save her $5,550 (37% tax).
- Tisha will gain the satisfaction of making a $15,000 gift to Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation.